The history of Holy Cross dates from the very beginning of the Episcopal Church in Texas when, in 1839, Bishop Leonidas Polk crossed the Red River into the Republic of Texas and visited early English settlers in this area. In 1870, the first service conducted at Holy Cross made our church the second oldest in the Diocese of Dallas. The church building site moved several times; the Main Street church destroyed by the Great Fire of 1916. Rebuilt by English cotton brokers in the Gothic style, we celebrated 150 years of worship, education, and fun in 2020. Holy Cross welcomes all as we strive to strengthen our Christian kinship.